Licence University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
As the only private language school in the Czech Republic we are an accredited centre of University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and we can thus organize courses of methodology for English teachers without previous teaching experience at the level of The Cambridge CELTA – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. This certificate is most widely spread round the world and it is recognized as entrance pedagogical qualification for teachers of English in public language educational system in particular.
As the only institution in the Czech republic we are an accredited centre of University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations for organization of courses of methodology for qualified in-service teachers of English – Certificate The Cambridge ICELT – In-Service Certificate in English Language Teaching which is of an international validity.
- As the only institution in the Czech Republic we are also an accredited centre of University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations for organization of prestigious courses of methodology for experienced teachers of English at the level of diploma of international validity The Cambridge DELTA – Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults. This course, among others, prepares experienced teachers for their future methodological and directing activity in language education.
- As the only institution in the Czech Republic we are holders of a licence for a completely new exam of methodological knowledge for teachers of English The Cambridge TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test). This exam is above all designed to primary, secondary and language schools teachers. Typically, the candidate should have at least short-time experience. The minimum level of English required corresponds with PET certificate, i.e. B1 level according to Common European Framework of the European Council.
To find out more about Cambridge certificates for teachers go to University of Cambridge ESOL .
The Goethe Institute Examination Centre
AKCENT International House Prague is, as the only private school in Prague, a holder of a licence The Goethe Institute Examination Centre and it has got right to organize international German exams. The exams are recognized all over the world and they often have decisive influence while looking for a job. You will find more information about German language exams organized by AKCENT International House Prague on the webpageDeutsch.
Accreditation Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
Besides having our post secondary school intensive courses included in the decree of Ministry of education, youth and sports of the Czech Republic, we are also holders of accreditations of the ministry to organize the following courses:
- A course of methodology for teachers of English for young learners – a preparation for international IH Certificate in Teaching Young Learners
- An intensive course of methodology and language for teachers without an appropriate qualification for teaching in primary and secondary schools
- An intensive course of methodology and language for unqualified teachers of English
- Organization of educational programmes accredited for the purposes of law n. 563/2004 Sb., about members of pedagogical staff and about a change of some laws
- Organization of educational programmes: TKT, preparatory course for TKT, CELTA and the issue of certificates confirming participation in them
- Organization of educational programmes: Conference for teachers of English, a course of methodology and language for teachers of special subjects, a course of methodology for teachers of French, German and Spanish, a course of methodology for teachers of English as a foreign language and the issue of certificates confirming participation in them Show certificate [JPG, 118 kB]
- International House Course for Primary Teachers (IHCPT), Netlanguages (e-learning) and the issue of certificates confirming participation in them Show certificate [JPG, 171 kB]
Licences of International House World Organisation
In the Czech Republic we are the only holder of International House World Organisation licence for organization of courses of methodology and for providing the following certificates:
- Certificate IHCYL – International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners methodological certificate for teachers of English for young learners.
- IH BET1 – International House Business English Teaching certificate level 1 – methodological course in teaching Business English.
- IH 1-2-1 Methodology Course – International House methodological course for teachers of individual students.
The considerable number of accreditations and licences for providing certificates in methodology reflects the high standard of our professional “know-how,” systematical methodological development of our services and quality of our academic directorship. Our methodological programmes for teacher development are used besides private language schools by specialized culturally-educational institutions and state schools.